Nov 15, 2006

Just when you think you know all there is to know about something!

It had been prearranged for this session to be filmed by NEMS Enterprises for use in a planned television special. However, the film was never released in its entirety, although portions of it can be seen in the “A Day In The Life” promotional film, including shots of studio guests like Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithfull, Keith Richards, Donovan, Pattie Boyd and Michael Nesmith.


Today, as has been the practice over the last few weeks I had iTunes running and I decided to listen to Sgt. Peppers straight through. It’s still an amazing listen even after all this time, it stands up as one of the most spectacular albums of the last century. At the end is A Day in the Life, a song which I’ve loved for a long time now. When the Beatles released Sgt Peppers, I was just a kid so I can’t say it had much of an impact but, certainly it received lots of airplay over the next decade. A Day in the Life is unique because it did something a lot of rock music hadn’t done up to that point and it did it on such a grand scale.



Now the thing is with the internet youcan find all sorts of interesting things, things you’ve never seen perhaps or find out things you didn’t know and such is the case with A Day in the Life:

No comments: